The Build4Scale resource library includes links to supplemental information developed specifically for the Build4Scale training, as well as links to a wide range of external manufacturing-related resources. Resources associated with specific Build4Scale training modules are noted.
Assessments, Evaluations, and Templates
- Build4Scale Training Self-Assessment
- Calculating Your COGS
- Company-Product Needs Assessment
- Controls and Sensors Project Questions List 5.0
- Cost Calculation-Fixed and Variable
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Functional DRAFT
- Fixed Cost Calculation Worksheet
- KMC Manufacturing Readiness Review Checklist
- Manex Business Assessment Questionnaire DRAFT
- Module 4A - DFMEA Example Optimal Rivet Weld Company
- Module 4A - Workshop Exercise DFMEA Template
- Product Needs Assessment
- QFD Illustration with a Real-World Example
Guides and How-To's
Videos: General Reference
- The New Way to Build Hardware Products: Tips And Strategies - Dragon Innovation
Scott Miller (CEO / Co-Founder @ Dragon Innovation) describes new strategies to successfully manufacture startup products.
Videos: Module 2B
Videos: Module 2C
Videos: Module 3B
Videos: Module 3C
- Manufacturing for Hardware Startups
Andy Huntington, hardware producer and designer at BERG, describes the manufacturing processes behind the production of Little Printer, the delightful web-connected printer.
Videos: Module 3D
- Automated Printed Circuit Assembly
- Forming Metal Stock and Sheet Metal on Hydraulic Press
- Machining a Brass Part on a Milling Machine
- The Ultimate Guide to Product Development for Hardware Startups - Bolt
Bolt general partner Ben Einstein provides insights into the product development process for hardware startups.