Ready to help build a cleaner, more efficient manufacturing sector? The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) is hiring a Technical Project Officer (TPO) with strong project management skills to oversee and administer research projects issued by the Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO).
Open Technical Project Officer position in EERE
As a Technical Project Officer, you will work closely with AMO’s Technology Managers and contracting professionals to coordinate DOE’s substantial involvement in the award and administration of financial assistance agreements to ensure Federal technical presence and oversight. TPO responsibilities include developing the technical and programmatic aspects of proposed funding announcements, participating in the technical review and evaluation of applications, participating in the development of recommendations for selection, and monitoring the technical and programmatic aspects of project performance.
Open & closing dates: 12/1/21-1/31/22
Pay scale & grade: GS-12
Location: Golden, Colorado
- B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. degree in science or engineering
- Thorough knowledge of project management of research projects, with at least 3-5 years of hands-on work experience in at least one manufacturing subsector highly preferred
- An understanding of and experience with solicitation and application selection processes associated with research projects
- Experience in negotiation of project technical scope and budgets
- Experience in evaluation of project technical progress and compliance with established work scope and budgets
- Innovative problem solving, excellent communications (oral and written), and strong Microsoft Excel and database skills are essential
- Ability to work effectively and independently on complex and multiple projects
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include your name, contact information, and specify that the application is for the “Advanced Manufacturing Office” and the “Technical Project Officer” position. Your submission should include an overview of your work history and accomplishments, educational background, and address how your background meets the qualifications listed above.
Finally, this Technical Project Officer position will be classified as a General Engineer or Physical Scientist. Please review the descriptions of both roles in the links below to determine which classification best matches your background. Then, in your email application, please indicate if you would like to be considered as GS-801 for General Engineer or GS-1301 for Physical Scientist.
Please note: AMO intends to fill this position using Direct Hire Authority. DOE has Direct Hire Authority to fill Scientific, Technical, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) positions at the GS-11 through GS-15 grade levels – allowing us to hire more quickly than the traditional government hiring process. For more information on additional responsibilities and the application process, visit EERE Employment Opportunities.