Discover the Office of Electricity
The Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Electricity (OE) provides leadership to ensure the nation’s energy delivery system is secure, resilient, and reliable. OE works to develop new technologies to improve the infrastructure that brings electricity into our homes, offices, and factories. Through a mix of technology and policy solutions, OE is harnessing innovation for a stronger, more reliable North American energy system.
Access to reliable and cost-effective energy through the electric infrastructure is vital for the economic well-being of this nation and will play an even larger role as we continue to grow with the global digital economy. A modernized electric grid is the key enabler for getting America on a path to an equitable clean energy economy with a 100% clean electricity sector by 2035 and net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
Watch this short video to see how the grid works and learn about OE's work to make electricity affordable and secure for all Americans.
The Clean Energy Corps is hiring NOW. We need talented, diverse, kind, and hardworking people like you to join this team.
With the passage of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, the Clean Energy Corps is charged with investing more than $62 billion to deliver a more equitable clean energy future for the American people by:
- Investing in American manufacturing
- Creating good paying jobs
- Expanding access to energy efficiency and clean energy for families, communities, and businesses
- Delivering reliable, clean, and affordable power to more Americans
- And building the technologies of tomorrow through clean energy research, development, and demonstrations
Positions are available across the country and many opportunities offer the ability to work remotely – including in the Office of Electricity. And, as a Federal employer, we welcome candidates that have served our country in other capacities such as the military and the Peace Corps.
As the nation’s Solutions Department, there is no better institution than the Department of Energy to take on this challenge and help our nation transform our energy system for the 21st century. Apply Now!
Benefits of a Career with DOE
DOE knows it takes commitment to recruit, retain, and motivate a diverse, productive, and highly efficient workforce, and we strive to be the employer of choice by offering:
- Competitive salary
- Telecommuting possibilities
- Annual and sick leave
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), etc.)
- Recruitment incentives
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health, fitness, and wellness facilities
- Child care facilities and development centers
- Unparalleled training opportunities and career development programs
Learn more about DOE and OE job opportunities.