The Energy Efficient Transformer Rebates Program is designed to provide rebates to industrial or manufacturing facility owners, commercial building owners, multifamily building owners, utilities, or energy service companies for the replacement of a qualified energy inefficient transformer with a qualified energy efficient transformer.
DOE hosted a virtual informational webinar on the energy efficient transformer and extended product systems rebate programs on August 9, 2023 at 1 pm ET. Watch the webinar below, or view the webinar slides here.
Slides have been updated to reflect the following changes:
- The aggregated limit (or cap) for transformer rebates was removed in September 2023.
- The application deadline for transformer applications is December 8, 2023.
- The matching capacity and phase requirement for transformer replacements was removed in October 2023.
View the updated slide set.
Owners of industrial or manufacturing facilities, commercial buildings, or multifamily residential buildings, a utility, or an energy service company that purchase a qualified transformer to replace an energy-inefficient transformer
Period of Availability:
Applications will be accepted until December 8, 2023.
Rebate for the replacement of a qualified energy inefficient transformer with a qualified energy efficient transformer.
- Applications will be accepted until December 8, 2023 at the application portal.
- Questions: send email to: email@example.com
- Download the implementation guidance to establish a rebate program to encourage the replacement of energy inefficient transformers with transformers that meet or exceed the applicable energy conservation standards in 10 CFR part 431, subpart K. This document provides guidance on implementing the rebate program as it pertains to definitions, eligibility criteria, the eligibility window, rebate payment calculations, and application content requirements and process.
- Download Request for Information
- The application portal, website and program administered by ICF Incorporated under DOE BPA Award 89303023ASE000001.
- An Information webinar was held on August 9, 2023 at 1:00 pm ET.
Estimated application opening date, 3rd quarter 2023.