The Advanced Energy Manufacturing and Recycling Grant Program is designed to provide grants to small- and medium-sized manufacturers to enable them to build new or retrofit existing manufacturing and industrial facilities to produce or recycle advanced energy products in communities where coal mines or coal power plants have closed.
Funding Opportunity Announcement Released.
Readiness Technical Assistance Program Launched - Small- and medium-sized manufacturing firms (SMMs) that are interested in the program but are not quite ready for the initial funding round are encouraged to apply for the competitive Readiness Technical Assistance Program, which is being administered by NREL in partnership with DOE's Office of Manufacturing and Energy Supply Chains. Applications are due by May 26, 2023.
Period of Availability:
Available until expended
- View Mapping Tool Showing “Energy Communities Directly Impacted by Coal Closures 2000 / 2010 or Later”
- Access Technical Assistance for Interested Manufacturing Firms
- Read the Advanced Energy Manufacturing and Recycling Grant Program Factsheet - March 2023
- MESC Community Benefits Plan Guidance - March 2023
- MESC encourages applicants and their community partners to invest additional resources into developing a resilient workforce. The U.S. EDA's (the U.S. Economic Development Administration) Distressed Area Recompete Pilot Program has resources that can help.
- Distressed Area Recompete Pilot Program will allocate $200 million in persistently distressed communities to create and connect people to good jobs. Applications for Phase 1 of the Recompete Pilot Program will close on October 5, 2023, so communities involved with Section 40209 that may be interested in funding should apply as soon as possible.
To re-equip, expand, or establish a manufacturing or recycling facility for the production or recycling of advanced energy technologies (including clean electricity, industrial decarbonization, clean transportation, clean fuels, etc.); or to re-equip an industrial of manufacturing facility with equipment designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions of that facility.
Informational Webinar: MESC FOA 2907 Informational Webinar, Date and time: Tuesday, Feb 21, 2023 2:00 pm | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Register link: https://doe.webex.com/weblink/register/rf83d35ecd0e92eb8f36616db875e1938
Concept Paper Submission Deadline: 3/14/2023 5:00 PM ET
Full Application Submission Deadline: 6/8/2023 5:00 PM ET
Expected Selections Announcement: 4th quarter 2023