The Conferencing Office is staffed from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Forrestal – Room GE-140, (202) 586-6651, e-mail FORConferencing@hq.doe.gov
- Germantown - Room E-055, (301) 903-4352, e-mail GTNConferencing@hq.doe.gov
Table of Conference Rooms, Seating Capacity, and Electronic Meeting Capabilities (Powerpedia, DOE Network access only)
- Conference Equipment - Speaker Phones, LCD Projectors, TV/VCR, etc.
- Multimedia Video Services
- Requesting Passport and Visa Photographs
Headquarters Conferencing Facilities
Call (202) 586-6651 to schedule rooms.
Keys can be picked up Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., in Room GE-140.
The Forrestal facility has fifteen (15) general use conference rooms, an auditorium and a Program Review Center.
Call (301) 903-4352 to schedule rooms.
Keys can be picked up Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. in room E-055.
The Germantown facility has six (6) general use conference rooms and one auditorium.
Information on the locations, seating capacities, and electronic meeting capabilities are available on DOE's Powerpedia (DOE Network access only):
Table of Conference Rooms, Seating Capacity, and Electronic Meeting Capabilities
Forrestal Collaboration Center, GE Corridor
The Forrestal Collaboration Center is located on the GE corridor next to the Dunkin' Donuts and Subway food providers. The center has a microwave and a refrigerator for shared usage, and a sink for cleaning (no garbage disposal). Seating is available on a first-come first-use basis, no reservations are needed. During the hours Dunkin' Donuts is open there is a door between the restaurant and the Center.
Specifics on the Ground Floor Center are available on the Department's Powerpedia site. Access to the Powerpedia is restricted to DOE employees actively logged onto a DOE network.
- TV-Monitors: Utilized to show videos of meeting, classes or events. These can delivered to the conference rooms or to individual offices.
- Screens: Utilized with projection equipment to show large images.
- Camcorders: Utilized to video record meetings or events by the client.
- LCD Projectors: Utilized with desktop or laptop computers to project the image on the monitor onto a large screen.
- DVD Players: Utilized with a video monitor (TV) to play DVD discs.
- Podiums: Utilized to support documents and displays during meetings.
- Laser Pointer: Utilized on large projections to pinpoint specific data information.
- Speaker phones: Utilized to allow large meeting to hear an outside attendee.
- Display Boards: Utilized to display charts, graphs and pictures on 7'x10' panel board. Velcro is utilized to adhere material to the boards.
Broadcast Quality Television and Audio Production
Live and recorded production for training, conferencing, and special events.
Satellite and T-1 Transmission
Broadcast to DOE field offices, stakeholders, and news organizations.
Interactive Audio & Video for Conferencing Support
Video conference support for large audiences, extension of live television programming and distance learning. "Listen only" and full interactive audio connection for single or multiple off site conference participants.
Intra-facility Television Distribution
Local broadcast, news feeds for recording, display and redistribution, recorded programming, in-house live feeds on-demand to DOE/HQ facilities via Cable and Fiber transmission.
Forrestal Main Auditorium
Multi-camera television production facility capable of fully interactive audio teleconference and video conference via live video streaming, video teleconference and in-house cable distribution to DOE Headquarter facilities. All broadcast signals are in HD quality.
Single camera television production facility, capable of fully interactive audio teleconference and video conference via satellite and ISDN/IP based digital transmission.
TV Production Facility
Multi-camera television production facility at Forrestal, capable of fully interactive video conference via satellite and compressed digital transmission using a wide array of set configurations and backdrops.
Studio Editing (Non-Linear)
Two broadcast program editing/effects, pre-production and post-production, and graphic development suites.
Multi-format video and audio duplication of non-copyrighted DOE programming.
Cable TV Installations, Forrestal Building
Installation of in-house cable TV for viewing of major network news channels and local programming. Requests are received by completing a Requisition for Supplies Equipment, or Service, DOE F 4250.2 (available through this link). The requisition must be approved by the organizations Administrative Officer. Upon receive of the request, a survey will be conducted and an estimated date of installation will be provided. (Note – depending on the number of cable drops requested, additional supplies and distribution equipment may be required to complete the request).
Cable TV Installations, L’Enfant Plaza, Portals III and the Reporters Building
Request for these services must be made through the Project Integration & Logistics Operations Team (MA-432). Upon approval, a site survey will be conducted and installation of the requested cable TV drops will be performed.
Cable TV Installations, Germantown
Requests for this service must be made through the Germantown Facilities Management Operations Group (MA-431) available through (301) 903-7050.
The Conferencing and Special Events Group supports all of your engraving needs, including:
- Desk name plate requests
- Office directory name changes
- Wall plate requests
- Room number
- Special signage
Requests for services are produced in 7 – 14 working days. (Large quantity – requests that exceed 10 nameplates may require additional time for completion).
To request engraving services please submit DOE F 4250.2 (pdf), Requisition for Supplies Equipment, or Service (available through this link).
Requests are accepted via e-mail at FORConferencing@hq.doe.gov
Requesting Passport and Visa Photographs
To better serve you, please call in advance to schedule passport and visa photographs.
Passport and Visa photos can be obtained by visiting:
- Forrestal - Photography Lab located in room GE-140, (202) 586-1350.
- Germantown - Conferencing Office located in room E-055, (301) 903-4352. Office hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary but call to ensure a staff person is available.
Follow this link for the for the Conferencing and Special Events contacts.
MAAdm updated 02/01/23