* * *
Updated on September 27, 2022
To support field activities at the site, construction of an office trailer and a garage complex is currently underway. Construction is taking place near the Converted Advanced Wastewater Treatment facility along the access road to the visitors center. Please be aware of increased construction traffic as well as periodic road and visitors center closures. Safety is our top priority at Fernald Preserve. We apologize for any inconvenience due to these activities.
If you have any questions about the construction or the site, please call us at (513) 648-3330 or email us at fernald@LM.doe.gov.
* * *
Remediation at the Fernald Preserve was conducted in accordance with Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) regulations. The site transferred to the Office of Legacy Management in 2006 and requires operation and maintenance of remedial action systems, environmental monitoring, routine inspection and maintenance, records-related activities, and stakeholder support. For more information about the Fernald Preserve site, view the fact sheet.
- Site Documents
- Fact Sheet
- Legacy Management and Institutional Control Variances for Public Comment (Calendar Year 2024)
- 2023 Legacy Management and Institutional Controls Plan (LMICP)
- 2022 Site Environmental Report
- CERCLA Five-Year Review
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) Administrative Record Database
- Technical Papers
- Additional Brochures and Fact Sheets
- 2023 Fernald Community Meeting Invitation
- 2022 Fernald Community Meeting Presentation
- Public Meeting Archive
- Fernald Community Alliance
- Former Fernald Workers' Employment Verification and Benefits Information
- Fernald Preserve Site Mapping and Monitoring
The below websites contain historical information and are no longer being updated. For instructions on how to access the websites, click here. Disclaimer: Download times may vary based on internet connection.
Fernald Preserve, Ohio, Visitors Center
The Fernald Preserve Visitors Center is a 10,000-square-foot, platinum-certified U.S. Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design facility that celebrates the rich and varied history of the Fernald site. A series of exhibits place the site’s uranium production and environmental cleanup eras into a broad historical perspective, acknowledging Native American occupation, European settlement, agricultural production, ecological restoration, and today’s legacy management mission.
Visitors Center Address
Fernald Preserve Visitors Center
7400 Willey Road
Hamilton, OH 45013
Open Wednesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: (513) 648-3330