The safe management and disposition of waste is a critical part of EM’s mission. Key areas of the waste management and disposition:
Waste Disposition News
DOE offices and SHINE sign first-ever contracts under Uranium Lease and Take-back Program to produce domestic Mo-99
DOE’s NNSA and DOE-EM have signed the first contracts as part of the Department’s Uranium Lease and Take-back Program with SHINE Technologies LLC.
January 6, 2022Learn More
- Waste Information Management System (WIMS) provided by Florida International University provides DOE with waste forecast data.
- Manifest Information Management System is used to monitor the management of commercial low-level radioactive waste.
- National Directory of Brokers and Processors Directory is intended for use by compacts, states, federal agencies and others to provide information to generators seeking to treat, process and otherwise manage their waste in preparation for ultimate disposal.
- The Central Internet Database (CID) resulted from the implementation of the December 12, 1998 Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement Settlement Agreement between DOE and the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC et. al. v. Richardson, No.97-936(SS)(AK)).
- Greater-than-Class C Low-Level Radioactive Waste (GTCC LLW)
- Low-Level Waste Disposal Facility Federal Review Group (LFRG)