The EERE Funding Opportunities webpage provides links to useful resources about financing and incentives for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects for the home, business, industry, utilities, and government.

DOE’s Grid Deployment Office administers the Hydroelectric Incentive Programs. The incentives, authorized by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 and supported by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, include the Hydroelectric Production Incentives, the Hydroelectric Efficiency Improvement Incentives, and the Maintaining and Enhancing Hydroelectricity Incentives

DOE awards funding to small businesses for renewable energy research and development (R&D) projects through its Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Visit DOE's SBIR and STTR websites to apply for grants.

DOE’s Technology Commercialization Fund (TCF) leverages R&D funding in the applied energy programs, paired with private partners, to mature promising energy technologies with high impact potential.

WPTO's Inflation Reduction Act Tax Credit Opportunities for Hydropower and Marine Energy webpage provides information on water power tax credits outlined in the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, the largest investment in climate and energy in American history.

DOE's Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) sponsors R&D grants for earlier-stage, high-potential, high-impact energy technologies. Visit ARPA-E's website for more information on grant opportunities or to apply.

DOE offers loan guarantees for innovative energy projects, including renewable energy and energy efficiency projects. For more information, visit the Loan Programs Office website.

In addition, DOE's Office of Indian Energy Policy and Programs provides financial and technical assistance, education, and training to tribes for the evaluation and development of renewable energy resources on tribal lands.

If you are interested in applying for funding, but your project does not fit within the scope of the posted solicitations, please submit your proposal to DOE's Unsolicited Proposal Office.