Lead Performer: Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC) – Albany, NY
-- University of Central Florida FSEC Energy Research Center – Cocoa, FL
-- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) – Richland, WA
-- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) – Northbrook, IL
-- Energy Storage Association (ESA) – Washington, DC
-- International Code Council (ICC) – Washington, DC
-- International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) – Richardson, TX
-- National Association of State Fire Marshalls (NASFM) – Maitland, FL
DOE Total Funding: $2,100,000
FY20 DOE Funding: $2,100,000
Cost Share: $127,500
Project Term: April 2021 – March 2024
Funding Type: Competitive Award / Cooperative Agreement
IREC and its partners will reduce barriers to widespread deployment of distributed energy resources (DERs). The team will develop, launch, and widely promote educational solutions for safety officials on solar, energy storage systems (ESS), electric/alternative vehicles (EV/AFV), and grid-interactive efficient building (GEB) technologies. These resources will be made available to a diverse audience on the largest clean energy educational clearinghouse website.
Through this project, IREC and its partners will:
- Develop job-focused online training modules.
- Develop fact-based educational resources that are responsive to industry needs.
- Increase access to educational resources and training by maintaining a central clearinghouse website promoted through systematic outreach.
- Increase the knowledge and confidence of the target audiences about their work with ESS, EV charging infrastructure, and GEB technologies.
Through this project, IREC and its project partners seek to:
- Develop at least 24 discrete educational resources on relevant building, solar, and vehicle technologies for these audiences.
- Launch at least 200 minutes of training modules in the online learning management system.
- Reach at least 30,000 professionals with DER-related education solutions.
DOE Technology Manager: Madeline Salzman, email@example.com
Lead Performer: Kristen Ferguson, IREC