Top Innovations in this category include profiles of Building America field research projects with production builders who have used a whole-house approach to achieve exceptional energy efficiency, comfort, and durability. These examples demonstrate that constructing high-performance homes make economic sense—for the builder, the consumer, the real estate professional, and the environment.
These Top Innovations describe whole-house packages for new homes that offer exceptional performance for affordable, community-scale, and zero energy ready homes at minimal or no increased cost to the builder.
2013 Top Innovations
1995-2012 Top Innovations
- High-Performance Home Cost Performance Trade-Offs: Production Builders
- High-Performance Affordable Housing with Habitat for Humanity
- High-Performance with Solar Electric Reduced Peak Demand: Premier Homes, Rancho Cordoba, CA
- Reduced Call-Backs with High-Performance Production Builders
- Affordable High Performance in Production Homes: Artistic Homes, Albuquerque, NM
- Moisture and Ventilation Solutions in Hot, Humid Climates: Florida Manufactured Housing
- High Performance without Increased Cost: Urbane Homes, Louisville, KY
- Community Scale High-Performance with Solar: Pulte Homes, Tucson, AZ
- Zero Net-Energy Homes Production Builder Business Case: California/Florida Production Builders
Projects are underway in this category. Check back for profiles to be posted soon.