You are here
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) invites students, researchers, public and private organizations, and the general public to submit abstracts for BETO to review and consider for inclusion in the poster session at BETO’s ninth annual conference, Bioenergy 2016: Mobilizing the Bioeconomy through Innovation. The conference will be held July 12–14, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. This year’s poster session will offer a new platform to engage conference attendees like never before as all posters will be required to feature an interactive element. Interactive elements can include voting or polling, social media, games and challenges, or any other activity that will involve the audience’s participation.
The requirements for submitting abstracts are below. BETO will notify all submitters no later than June 17, 2016, if their entries were selected for the Bioenergy 2016 Poster Session. Selected applicants will have their posters on display for the duration of the conference, including the conference breaks, so that they can meet with attendees and informally present their posters. These posters will also be on display and can be informally presented at the Bioenergy 2016 Poster Reception, held on July 13, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Poster Abstract Criteria
All poster abstract submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Not exceed the maximum of 300 words
- Explain validity and technical merit of the approach
- Discuss how the poster will be used to engage Bioenergy 2016 attendees
- Highlight applicability to BETO activities/Bioenergy 2016 theme
- Provide clarity of motivation, methods, results, and conclusions.
Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines
To apply for an opportunity to present a poster at Bioenergy 2016, please submit the information listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bioenergy 2016 Poster Application” in the subject line. In the email, please include the following:
- Title of the proposed poster
- Name(s) of author(s) and affiliation(s)
- Abstract describing the proposed poster and research focus (not to exceed 300 words)
- Interactive element of proposed poster
- Curriculum vitae for the principal author(s).
The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to Friday, June 10, 2016. BETO will notify poster submitters of the acceptance of their posters no later than June 17, 2016.
- Posters should convey the research methodology, originality of approach, research outcomes, and potential for scientific impact on the topic.
- Topic examples include biochemical and thermochemical conversion pathways, algae and biomass feedstocks, environmental benefits of biofuels, national and state policies, and innovative technologies that will propel the bioenergy industry to meet its current challenges.
- Maximum poster size is 3 feet by 4 feet. The conference organizers will provide mobile wall space and tacks for the posters to be displayed.
- The research information must be highlighted and presented in the most accessible way possible including a mixture of text, images, charts, and graphics.
Presenting Your Poster at Bioenergy 2016
Logistical information regarding setup, strike down, and poster session location will be provided to poster presenters. If your poster is selected and you plan to present at Bioenergy 2016, you are required to register. We encourage you to take advantage of available hotel lodging for conference attendees. Please visit the registration page for more information on registering and booking your hotel accommodations.