The U.S. Department of Energy’s Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) invites students, researchers, public and private organizations, and members of the general public to submit abstracts that BETO will review and consider for inclusion in the poster session at BETO’s eighth annual conference, Bioenergy 2015: Opportunities in a Changing Energy Landscape. The conference will be held June 23–24, 2015, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
Requirements for submitting abstracts are below. BETO will notify all submitters by May 22, 2015, if their entries were selected for the Bioenergy 2015 Poster Session. Selected applicants will have their posters on display for the duration of the conference, including the conference breaks, so that they can meet with attendees and informally present their posters. These posters will also be on display and can be informally presented at the Bioenergy 2015 Poster Reception, held on Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Poster Abstract Criteria
- Maximum of 300 words
- Explain validity and technical merit of the approach
- Highlight applicability to BETO activities/Bioenergy 2015 theme
- Provide clarity of motivation, methods, results, and conclusions.
Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines
To apply for an opportunity to present a poster at Bioenergy 2015, please submit the information listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bioenergy 2015 Poster Application” in the subject line.
In the email, please include the following:
- Title of the proposed poster
- Name(s) of author(s) and their affiliations
- Abstract describing the proposed poster and research focus (not to exceed 300 words)
- Curriculum vitae for the principal author(s).
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday, May 15, 2015. BETO will notify poster submitters of the acceptance of their posters by Friday, May 22, 2015.
- Posters should convey the research methodology, originality of approach, research outcomes, and potential for scientific impact on the topic.
- Topics examples include biochemical and thermochemical conversion pathways, algae and biomass feedstocks, environmental benefits of biofuels, national and state policies, and innovative technologies that will propel the bioenergy industry to meet its current challenges.
- Maximum size is 3 feet x 4 feet. The conference organizers will provide mobile wall space and tacks for the posters to be displayed.
- The research information must be highlighted and presented in the most accessible way possible including a mixture of text, images, charts, and graphics.
Presenting Your Poster at Bioenergy
Logistical information regarding set up, strike down, and poster session location will be provided to poster presenters. If your poster is selected and you plan to present at Bioenergy 2015, you are required to register. We encourage you to take advantage of available hotel lodging for conference attendees at the government per diem rate of $229 per night. Please visit the registration page for more information on registration and to book your hotel accommodations.