You are here
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) invites students, researchers, public and private organizations, and the general public to submit abstracts for BETO to review and consider for inclusion in the first-ever Open Technical Sessions at BETO’s 10th annual conference, Bioeconomy 2017: Domestic Resources for a Vibrant Future. The conference will be held July 11–12, at the Sheraton Pentagon City in Arlington, Virginia. This year’s conference offers a brand new element, inviting conference attendees to hear some of the most exciting research and scientific breakthroughs ongoing in the Bioeconomy. Researchers, postdocs, and graduate students are encouraged to submit technical research abstracts for two unique topic areas:
- Synthetic biology and novel pathway engineering for the emerging bioeconomy
- Enabling technologies and strategies to engineer net-zero or negative carbon utilization pathways.
The requirements for submitting abstracts are below. BETO will notify all submitters no later than June 9, 2017, if their entries were selected for one of the Bioeconomy 2017 Technical Sessions. Selected applicants will have approximately 15 minutes to present during a breakout session.
All abstract submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Identify clearly which topic area will be discussed
- Not exceed the maximum of 300 words
- Explain validity and technical merit of the research
- Discuss how the presentation will benefit conference attendees
- Highlight applicability to BETO activities/Bioeconomy 2017 theme
- Provide clarity of motivation, methods, results, and conclusions.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
To apply for an opportunity to present at Bioeconomy 2017, please submit the information listed below to email@example.com with “Bioeconomy 2017 Technical Session Application” in the subject line. In the email, please include the following:
- Title of the proposed presentation
- Name(s) of author(s) and affiliation(s)
- Abstract describing the proposed presentation and research focus (not to exceed 300 words)
- Topic area for consideration
- Curriculum vitae for the principal author(s).
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday, May 12, 2017. BETO will notify poster submitters of the acceptance of their posters no later than June 9, 2017.
Presenting at Bioeconomy 2017
Logistical information for presentations will be provided to selected applicants. If your presentation is selected and you plan to present at Bioeconomy 2017, you are required to register. We encourage you to take advantage of available hotel lodging for conference attendees. Please visit the registration page for more information on registering and booking your hotel accommodations.