You are here
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) invites students, researchers, public and private organizations, and the general public to submit abstracts for BETO to review and consider for inclusion in the poster session at BETO’s 10th annual conference, Bioeconomy 2017: Domestic Resources for a Vibrant Future. The conference will be held July 11–12, at the Sheraton Pentagon City in Arlington, Virginia. This year’s poster session will again offer a platform to engage directly with conference attendees as all posters will be required to feature an interactive element. Interactive elements can include voting or polling, social media, games and challenges, or any other activity that will involve the audience’s participation.
The requirements for submitting abstracts are below. BETO will notify all submitters no later than June 9, 2017, if their entries were selected for the Bioeconomy 2017 Poster Session. Selected applicants will have their posters on display for the duration of the conference, including the conference breaks, so they can meet with attendees and informally present their posters.
Poster Abstract Criteria
All poster abstract submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Not exceed the maximum of 300 words
- Explain validity and technical merit of the approach
- Discuss how the poster will be used to engage Bioeconomy 2017 attendees
- Highlight applicability to BETO activities/Bioeconomy 2017 theme
- Provide clarity of motivation, methods, results, and conclusions.
Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines
To apply for an opportunity to present a poster at Bioeconomy 2017, please submit the information listed below to email@example.com with “Bioeconomy 2017 Poster Application” in the subject line. In the email, please include the following:
- Title of the proposed poster
- Name(s) of author(s) and affiliation(s)
- Abstract describing the proposed poster and research focus (not to exceed 300 words)
- Interactive element of proposed poster
- Curriculum vitae for the principal author(s).
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday, May 12, 2017. BETO will notify poster submitters of the acceptance of their posters no later than June 9, 2017.
- Posters should convey the research methodology, originality of approach, research outcomes, and potential for scientific impact on the topic.
- Topic examples include biochemical and thermochemical conversion pathways, algae and biomass feedstocks, environmental benefits of biobased products and fuels, national and state policies, and innovative technologies that will propel the emerging bioeconomy to address global challenges and maintain U.S. competitiveness.
- Maximum poster size is 3 feet by 4 feet. The conference organizers will provide mobile wall space and tacks for the posters to be displayed.
- The research information must be highlighted and presented in the most accessible way possible including a mixture of text, images, charts, and graphics.
Presenting Your Poster at Bioeconomy 2017
Logistical information regarding setup, strike down, and poster session location will be provided to poster presenters. If your poster is selected and you plan to present at Bioeconomy 2017, you are required to register. We encourage you to take advantage of available hotel lodging for conference attendees. Please visit the registration page for more information on registering and booking your hotel accommodations.