DOE has direct hire authority to fill the Advanced Manufacturing and Material Technologies Office’s energy scientific, technical, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) positions at the GS-11 through GS-15 grade levels. General engineers and physical scientists are the two positions at these grade levels most available within EERE. Direct hire authority allows DOE to hire faster than the traditional government hiring process does. In using this authority, DOE still abides by the Merit System Principles and all federal and DOE regulations for hiring.
About the Position
- Grade / Position: GS 15 General Engineer/Physical Scientist
- Open Period: Open until filled. For best consideration, please apply ASAP.
- Location: Washington, D.C
- Position Type: Permanent
- Telework Available: Yes
- Serves as the key policy advisor to the AMO director and subject matter expert for the office to develop and implement a clean energy supply chain strategy across industries and Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) offices while maintaining a strong understanding of activities in other Federal agencies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required to Perform the Work:
- Knowledge of commonalities and differences in clean energy supply chains across industries, with the ability to foster and develop multi-sector industry opportunities as well as understand key individualized needs across industries.
- Advanced knowledge of policies, concepts, and practices of manufacturing clean energy supply chains.
- Knowledge of the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Technology Programs including the technical strategies the offices are pursuing for supply chain management.
- Knowledge of business issues relevant to the development of the industrial sector, including key market applications, current and evolving structure of supply chains, and intellectual property considerations relevant to manufacturing technology development.
How to Apply
Please include the following information in the email:
- Phone number
- Vacancy for which you applied
DO NOT include the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your address
- Photos of yourself
- Personal information, such as age, gender, religious affiliation, etc.
- Classified or government-sensitive information
- Any encryption or digital signatures
Applicants must be U.S. citizens.