Most of EERE's new investments directly support deployments or demonstrations of technologies that show viable pathways for achieving EERE’s five programmatic priorities:
- Decarbonizing the electricity sector.
- Decarbonizing transportation across all modes: air, sea, rail, and road.
- Decarbonizing the industrial sector.
- Reducing the carbon footprint of buildings.
- Decarbonizing the agriculture sector, specifically focused on the nexus between energy and water.
Learn more about EERE's mission.
EERE's research and development activities are organized among the following three pillars: