Clean Energy Business Opportunities in the Arctic
Panel discussions from the last ArcticX webinar featured U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) leadership from the Loans Programs Office, Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, and Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) alongside national laboratory representatives detailing the challenges and opportunities of advancing business initiatives in the region. Speakers discussed:
- How Bipartisan Infrastructure Law funding can help meet rural Alaska’s unique needs.
- How DOE’s loan, advanced research, and small business programs are advancing clean energy.
- What factors to consider when moving clean energy technologies from the lab into the market.
Agenda and Speakers
If you missed our virtual event, you’ll find recordings of the webinar below.
Opening Remarks: Jared Beirbach, Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of Technology Transitions
Panel on Commercialization and the DOE
Moderator: Mary Yamada, Chief of Staff, Office of Technology Transitions
- Victor Kane, Commercialization Programs Team Lead, Office of Technology Transitions
- Tim Leach, Transportation Lead, Launch Alaska
- Eric Payne, Senior Licensing Executive, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Panel on Working with DOE Programs
Moderator: George Roe, Director, Arctic Energy Office, U.S. Department of Energy
- Ron Pierce, Director, Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- Jigar Shah, Director, Loan Programs Office
- Dr. James Zahler, Associate Director for Technology-to-Market, Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E)
Closing Remarks: George Roe, Director, Arctic Energy Office