Quality Work Plan Requirement Update
Issued Dec. 13, 2021, Weatherization Program Notice (WPN) 22-4: Quality Work Plan Requirement Update lists updates to QWP requirements and defines what constitutes a quality installation of weatherization measures, outlines how those measures are inspected and validated, and prescribes acceptable training and credentialing of workers.
Notable updates to the QWP requirements include:
- The refinement of required sections.
- The clarification on the requirement to submit a revised field guide at least 6 months prior to the expiration date.
- An additional option to utilize a mentorship model while uncertified inspectors are completing training and Quality Control Inspector certification.
WPN 22-4 supersedes WPN 15-4 and Weatherization Memorandums 070, 050, 036, and 034.
View the Quality Work Plan
Learn more about each section of the Quality Work Plan and explore related resources.
The resources listed below are a selection from WPN 22-4's Glossary of Resources. To view more resources, visit the Quality Work Plan sections listed above.
Video: WPN 22-4: QWP Requirement Update
In this video, Derek Schroeder, lead policy advisor for technical operations and technical project officer for WAP, walks through the updates to the Quality Work Plan requirement as outlined in WPN 22-4.
- The Standard Work Specifications for Home Energy Upgrades for Single Family, Manufactured Housing, and Multifamily Homes
- The IREC Accreditation Program for Energy Efficiency Training Programs
- The NREL Job Task Analysis for Quality Control Inspector
- Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspector Certification
- The NREL Job Task Analysis for Multifamily Quality Control Inspector
- A list of accredited training providers, including the JTAs for which they are accredited.