The “PFAS Strategic Roadmap: DOE Commitments to Action 2022-2025” establishes and details the goals, objectives and steps the Department is taking to address PFAS. Specifically, DOE commits to:
- Research current and past uses and known or potential releases of PFAS.
- Investigate PFAS concentrations in DOE-supplied drinking water and in the environment at DOE sites.
- Proactively prevent PFAS from entering air, land, and water at levels that can adversely impact human health and the environment.
- Clean up PFAS identified contamination to protect human health and ecological systems.
- Leverage the expertise at DOE National Laboratories to enhance PFAS research.
- Support inter-agency and cross-sector collaboration to identify and employ promising technologies.
- Provide clear and credible information to our employees, local communities, and regulators.
- Engage with stakeholders to help inform an effective Departmental PFAS strategy.