DOE OSDBU maximizes contract opportunities for small businesses while advancing the Agency’s mission.
To execute and support its mission, OSDBU had developed three Strategic Objectives:
- Objective 1: Making it Easier for Small Businesses to do Business with DOE;
- Objective 2: Maximizing Small Business Opportunities; and
- Objective 3: Maximizing Small Business Awards.
The Strategic Objectives are achieved through use of the following Enabling Activities:
- OSDBU Staff and Cadre of Small Business Program Managers (SBPMs);
- Education and Resources;
- OSDBU Compliance Requirements; and
The OSDBU goal is to provide maximum practicable opportunities in the Departments’ acquisitions to all small business concerns. In doing so, the Department will meet/exceed statutory prime small and subcontracting goals. Our Small Business Goaling Reports are tracked and monitored via http://smallbusiness.data.gov/, an official web site of the federal government.
O: Open the lines of communication through outreach and training.
S: Serve as small business advocates.
D: Deliver useful information.
B: Build public and private industry relationships.
U: Utilize DOE Programs and best practices.