The National Renewable Energy Laboratory—which facilitates the Collegiate Wind Competition—selects schools to participate in the competition through a competitive call for proposals. The 2022 Collegiate Wind Competition Request for Proposals is now closed to applications.
In these proposals, interested schools detail their educational objectives during their time potentially participating in the Collegiate Wind Competition and outline plans for academic integration, project planning, team diversity, institutional support and fundraising, and communication and outreach. Teams identify their university advisors. Schools are selected to participate in the competition based on the merits of their proposal. Decisions are typically made by early spring.
Interested in getting involved now? Here’s a few things you can do to get started:
- Contact the Competition Manager and request to be notified when there are important updates.
- Review past competition Rules and Requirements and written reports.
- Conduct mock competitions at your institution based on CWC contests.
- Start assembling a team of faculty advisors and interested students.
- Begin garnering support through potential sponsors and mentors.
To be notified of any future call for proposals or opportunities to enroll in the competition, please contact DOE Collegiate Wind Competition Manager Amber Frumkin.
For more information, see our video resources.