The National Renewable Energy Laboratory—which facilitates the Collegiate Wind Competition (CWC)—selects schools to participate in the competition through a competitive call for proposals. The CWC 2022 Request for Proposals is now closed to applications.
In these proposals, interested schools detail their educational objectives for their potential participation in the CWC and outline plans for academic integration, project planning, team diversity, institutional support and fundraising, communication and outreach, and teams identify their university advisors. Schools are selected to participate in the competition based on the merits of their proposal. Decisions are typically made by early spring for the following academic year.
Interested in getting involved now?
Here are a few things you can do to get started:
- Contact the Competition Manager and request to be notified when there are important updates.
- Review past competition Rules and Requirements and written reports.
- Conduct mock competitions at your institution based on CWC contests.
- Start assembling a team of faculty advisors and interested students.
- Begin garnering support through potential sponsors and advisors/coaches.
To be notified of any future call for proposals or opportunities to enroll in the competition, please contact Department of Energy’s CWC Manager Amber Frumkin.
For more information, see our CWC resources.
Stay informed about competition updates, news, and events.