The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), which facilitates the U.S. Department of Energy Collegiate Wind Competition (CWC), will implement a new application process for the 2023 competition. The CWC organizing team will release this new process in March 2022.
Previously, NREL selected schools to participate in the competition through a competitive call for proposals.
Join our mailing list to stay informed about competition updates, news, and events.
Interested in getting involved now?
Here are a few things you can do to get started:
- Contact the Competition Manager and request to be notified when there are important updates.
- Review past competition Rules and Requirements and written reports.
- Conduct mock competitions at your institution based on CWC contests.
- Start assembling a team of faculty advisors and interested students.
- Begin garnering support through potential sponsors and advisors/coaches.
To be notified of any future call for proposals or opportunities to enroll in the competition, please contact Department of Energy’s CWC Manager Amber Frumkin.
For more information, see our CWC resources.
Stay informed about competition updates, news, and events.