Industrial Assessment Centers (IACs) are geographically located across the United States. Each of the 37 centers plays a pivotal role in the development of the workforce for the manufacturing sector, including training for facility-level energy efficiency improvements to increasing the productivity of processes and operations.
About the Office of Manufacturing and Energy Supply Chains
The Office of Manufacturing and Energy Supply Chains is responsible for strengthening and securing manufacturing and energy supply chains needed to modernize the nation’s energy infrastructure and support a clean and equitable energy transition.
The office is catalyzing the development of an energy sector industrial base through targeted investments that establish and secure domestic clean energy supply chains and manufacturing, and by engaging with private-sector companies, other Federal agencies, and key stakeholders to collect, analyze, respond to, and share data about energy supply chains to inform future decision making and investment. The office manages programs that develop clean domestic manufacturing and workforce capabilities, with an emphasis on opportunities for small and medium enterprises and communities in energy transition.
The Office of Manufacturing and Energy Supply Chains coordinates closely with the Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations for the management of major demonstration projects, and across all of DOE’s programs on manufacturing and supply chain issues, including with the Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Technologies Office (AMMTO) and the Industrial Decarbonization and Efficiency Office (IEDO) in the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
DOE Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Provisions led by the Office of Manufacturing and Energy Supply Chains:
- Advanced Energy Manufacturing and Recycling Grant Program
- Battery and Critical Mineral Recycling - Retailers as Collection Points, and State and Local Programs
- Battery Manufacturing and Recycling Grants
- Battery Material Processing Grants
- Energy Efficient Transformer Rebates
- Extended Product System Rebates
- Implementation Grants for Industrial Research and Assessment Centers
- Industrial Assessment Centers
- Rare Earth Elements Demonstration Facility
- State Manufacturing Leadership