The DOE HQ Shuttle Bus service has been discontinued. As of May, 2023, the RideShare Services Program provides federal employees with local transportation in the Washington, DC metro area. There are no shuttle-specific services for employees to travel exclusively between Headquarters locations, transportation between locations is provided under the RideShare Services Program. Information about the RideShare Services Program is in the EnergyHub.
The Transportation Team is responsible for providing courier services for the delivery and pick-up of DOE office material within the Washington Metropolitan area. Unclassified documents and packages requiring special messenger delivery within the Washington Metropolitan area are handled by the team during the following hours:
|8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
|7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Material or packages to be delivered to other Government sites must be brought to the appropriate room listed above.
- Materials should be packaged using standard postal or interoffice packages.
- Customer must complete applicable messenger request form.
- Material will be delivered on the next scheduled messenger run.
- Customers must pick up materials from appropriate room listed above.
Courier Services FAQs
1. What are the times of the courier runs?
The courier leaves Germantown at 11:30 a. m. and 3:30 p. m. The Forrestal courier leaves for Germantown at 10:30 a. m. and 2:30 p. m.
2. Do you deliver to [various addresses]?
Transportation office delivers to other government agencies in the Washington Metro area.
3. Can I send [varied sizes of boxes, awkward size packages, fragile packages] on the regular courier run?
The limit is five boxes unless classified. Fragile packages must be properly wrapped, and the Transportation Team is not liable for damage to pictures, plants, computers etc. The items must be able to fit into the trunk of a compact sedan.
4. Does the Transportation Team hand deliver packages to the addressee?
No, the Transportation Team does not hand deliver courier packages. The addressee is contacted to pick up package.
5. How long does it take a courier to get from Germantown to Forrestal?
Approximately one hour depending on the traffic and weather conditions.
6. Can I send classified material via courier service? What are the requirements to send classified material via courier?
Yes, material must be properly wrapped with proper receipt completed. See: 2011 Headquarters Facilities Master Security Plans Chapter 5, Section 511.
7. If I miss the regularly scheduled courier run, what can I do?
Please contact Transportation Office, Forrestal (202) 586-8600 or Germantown (301) 903-4330.
8. Where do I get status on courier package?
Contact the Transportation Team from which the service was initiated.
9. If I am unable to a pickup package when called how long will the Transportation Team hold the package?
After 24 hours an e-mail is generated to the person and their supervisor.
MAAdm updated 04/20/23