You are here

The Mound, Ohio, Site operated from 1948 to 2003 as part of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission and later the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).

Remediation of the Mound, Ohio, Site was conducted in accordance with the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA).

The site long-term monitoring responsibility transferred to the Office of Legacy Management (LM) in 2010 and requires operation and maintenance of a pump and treatment system, groundwater monitoring, institutional controls monitoring, records-related activities, and stakeholder support. LM's Mound office was consolidated with the Fernald Preserve office in Harrison, Ohio.

For more information about the Mound Site, view the fact sheet.

Mound, OH, Site (Office of Legacy Management Site Video)
Mound, Ohio, Cold War Discovery Center

* * *

Our partners at the Mound Cold War Discovery Center are excited to announce they have reopened with regular hours: Wednesday through Saturday, 1 a.m. to 4 p.m. As always, admission is free! Masks are recommended, but not required. For more information, please visit the Mound Cold War Discovery Center website: https://www.daytonhistory.org/visit/dayton-history-sites/mound-cold-war-discovery-center/.

* * *

The Mound Cold War Discovery Center is a collaboration between the Mound Science and Energy Museum Association, a non-profit organization that was established to collect, preserve, and make publicly accessible the heritage of the Mound Laboratory and Dayton History, a private non-profit (501c3) organization established to preserve, share, and celebrate the history of the Dayton, Ohio, region. Visitors to the center can learn about the top-secret, scientific work of the Mound Laboratory that revolutionized Cold War, Nuclear Age, and Space Race history.

Mound Cold War Discovery Center

Contact Us

Mailing Address:

Mound, Ohio, Site
10995 Hamilton-Cleves Highway
Harrison, OH 45030-9728

Phone: (513) 648-5051
Email: mound@lm.doe.gov