Fulfill the Department of Energy’s post-closure responsibilities and ensure the future protection of human health and the environment.
- Protects human health and the environment through effective and efficient long-term surveillance and maintenance.
- Preserves, protects, and makes accessible legacy records and information.
- Supports an effective and efficient workforce structured to accomplish departmental missions.
- Implements departmental policy concerning continuity of worker pension and medical benefits.
- Manages legacy land and assets, emphasizing safety, reuse, and disposition.
- Mitigates community impacts resulting from the cleanup of legacy waste and changing departmental missions.
- Actively acts as liaison and coordinates all policy issues with appropriate departmental organizations.
Goal 1 - Protect human health and the environment
Goal 2 - Preserve, protect, and share records and information
Goal 3 - Safeguard former contractor workers’ retirement benefits
Goal 4 - Sustainably manage and optimize the use of land and assets
Goal 5 - Sustain management excellence
Goal 6 - Engage the public, governments, and interested parties