The Resilience team affirms the overall DOE commitment to enhance the resilience of Federal infrastructure and operations, and enable more effective accomplishment of its mission, when implementing the policies to improve energy performance and consider environmental factors in resilience planning.
- DOE Order 430.1C, EO 13834 Real Property Asset Management
The team supports DOE initiatives to adapt to changing conditions, and withstand or recover from disruption. Resilience efforts help sites manage risks to DOE assets, infrastructure and operations.
- Focus on resilience strategies that support the ability to adapt to changing conditions and withstand and recover from disruptions.
- Conducting a detailed, site-specific risk/vulnerability assessment to identify threats and hazards that could adversely affect mission, programs, plans, operations, and personnel.
- Support resiliency plans for infrastructure and systems that would provide adequate energy and water supplies, facility operations, information and communication technology capability, and transportation availability when needed.
- Chronicle proactive measures during the previous fiscal year that revised, enhanced, or modernized emergency response procedures.