Impact of Office of Indian Energy Investments in Tribal Energy Projects, 2010–2018
- More than 170 funded tribal energy projects
- Over $70 million in DOE investments
- Nearly $154 million in total project value
- Over 32 megawatts of new generation installed on tribal lands
- Collective tribal savings of more than $14 million each year
Old Ways Fuel Future Vision, Local Economy for Alaska Native Village
Huslia’s wood biomass system saves money, creates jobs, and keeps energy dollars in the community.
March 31, 2020
DOE-Funded Solar Project Helps Spokane Tribe Reduce Homeowners’ Monthly Energy Cost from $240 to Less Than $9
When completed this summer, the Initiative will add 650 kilowatts of solar capacity to tribal buildings and save about $2.8 million over 30 years.
June 19, 2019
Can Solar Work in Alaska? Hughes Village Says Yes.
The Native Village of Hughes just installed the bones of a 120-kilowatt solar photovoltaic system that will cut diesel use and costs.
February 6, 2019