DOE’s mission is to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental, and nuclear challenges through innovative science and technology solutions.
The Office of International Affairs has primary responsibility for addressing international energy issues that have a direct impact on research, development, utilization, supply, and conservation of energy affecting the United States. It seeks to:
- Enhance global energy security through diversification, resilience, and access;
- Promote U.S. energy exports and trade;
- Promote and protect the U.S. innovation base through results-oriented science and technology collaborations with allies and partners;
- Provide independent technical and policy advice for the Administration;
- Implement the Foreign Investment Risk Review and Modernization Act of 2018; and
- Create a vibrant global scientific and innovation ecosystem, in which the United States is the leader and strategically collaborates with allies and partners.