Office: Clean Energy Demonstrations
FOA number: DE-FOA-0002738
Download the full FOA: OCED eXCHANGE
FOA Amount: $2.54 billion
On September 23, the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) in partnership with the Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management (FECM) announced up to $2.54 billion to develop six integrated carbon capture, transport, and storage demonstration projects that can be readily replicated and deployed at fossil energy power plants and major industrial sources of CO2, such as cement, pulp and paper, iron and steel, and certain types of chemical production facilities. This current funding opportunity provides up to $189 million for up to 20 integrated front-end engineering design studies, with a second FOA expected later in 2022 to support detailed design, construction, and operation of carbon capture projects, as well as transport and storage of the captured CO2.
This funding is provided from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Section 41004(b).
The deadline to submit applications for this funding opportunity has closed.
Eligible applicants include individuals, institutions of higher education, for-profit and non-profit organizations, state and local governments, and Tribal Nations.
Download the full funding opportunity for more information on eligibility.
This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) has three topics areas:
- Projects designed to capture carbon dioxide from a coal electric generation facility.
- Projects designed to capture carbon dioxide from a natural gas electric generation facility.
- Projects designed to capture carbon dioxide from an industrial facility not purposed for electric generation.
DOE expects to make up to 20 awards between $5.5–12.5M each with a minimum of a 50% cost-sharing from the awardees.
|NOI Issue Date:||7/13/2022|
|FOA Issue Date:||9/22/2022|
|Submission Deadline for Letter of Intent:||10/21/2022 at 5:00 PM ET|
|Submission Deadline for Full Applications:||12/5/2022 at 5:00 PM ET|
|View Full Application Reviewer Comments Period:||2/1/2023 at 5:00 PM ET – 2/2/2023 at 12:00 AM ET|
|Expected Date for DOE Selection Notifications:||March 2023|
- Download the full notice of intent on the OCED eXCHANGE.
- All applicants must register and submit application materials through OCED exchange.
- Sign up for the Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management’s (FECM) email list to get notified of new FECM funding opportunities and to stay current with our latest news.
- Agency contact: CCSdemos@netl.doe.gov