U.S. Department of Energy’s Carbon Negative Shot Summit
Wednesday, July 20, 2022
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM ET
About the Carbon Negative Shot Summit
To advance the development of the emerging and necessary carbon dioxide removal industry, the Department of Energy launched Carbon Negative Shot, the third target within DOE’s Energy Earthshots Initiative.
Carbon Negative Shot is an all-hands-on-deck call for innovation in carbon dioxide removal pathways that will capture carbon dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere and durably store it at gigaton scales for less than $100/net metric ton of CO2-equivalent. To put this into perspective, one gigaton of CO2 is equivalent to the annual emissions from approximately 250 million vehicles driven in one year. Carbon dioxide removal, in conjunction with aggressive decarbonization, is a climate-critical activity required to reach our nation’s climate goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050.
The Carbon Negative Shot Summit will convene industry innovators, environmental and climate justice organizations, labor unions, academia, government leaders, and many more in order to increase collaboration to advance deployment of commercially viable, just, and sustainable carbon dioxide removal in the United States.
- Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM ET
- Free and open to the public and press
- Fully virtual event (Livestream link will be provided after registration is complete)
Confirmed speakers to date:
- Shalanda Baker, Director, U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Economic Impact and Diversity
- Bradford Crabtree, Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management
- Dr. Clea Kloster, Partner and the Head of Science, Lowercarbon Capital
- Ugbaad Kosar, Deputy Director of Policy, Carbon180
- Nan Ransohoff, Head of Climate, Stripe
- Jason Walsh, Executive Director, BlueGreen Alliance
Featured panel discussions:
- State of Carbon Dioxide Removal: The Social, Political, Economic Landscape Panel
- Innovation Panel
- Equity and Economic Opportunity Panel
Full agenda can be found here.
Contact us by email, CNSSummit@hq.doe.gov.
Want to learn more?