The Office of Environment, Health, Safety and Security (EHSS) continues to seek for ways to minimize the burden of information collection on DOE and its contractors. DOE collects information concerning the health, safety and security of DOE employees including its contractors and facilities. The information collected will be used by DOE to exercise management oversight over Management and Operating (M&O) contractors of DOE's Government-Owned Contractor-Operated (GOCO) facilities. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the Office of Information Management provides information on this webpage regarding the Federal Register Notices, supporting statements, and the proposed information collection instrument and related instructions.
It should be noted that the costs incurred by M&O contractors in providing the information collections in this package are recovered in their contract fees and payments. In this sense, they differ from information collections imposed on the general public for which no cost reimbursement is provided. In addition, M&O contractors provide input concerning information collection requirements during contract negotiation. In this regard, the M&O contractors have agreed that the resulting information collections are required for the administration of these contracts and are accepted as a normal business practice. Finally, DOE is most interested in keeping the reporting burden at a minimum to reduce expenditures. Therefore, only basic management and program-type information is collected from M&O contractors to properly manage these contracts and carry out the myriad statutory and other missions of the Department requiring contractor support.
EHSS periodically reviews and streamlines DOE policies and guidance which to reduce and minimize the reporting requirements. In addition to policy streamlining, EHSS applies the latest information processing and management technologies to improve cost effectiveness of the overall information collection. These information collection instruments include state-of-the-art databases, data warehousing, content management systems, and using Extensible Markup Language as a new data format, as appropriate.
3-Year Renewal Request of OMB 1910-5122, Human Reliability Program - Expires 7/31/2022
- Instruments for Collection of Information: This collection consists of forms that will certify to DOE that respondents were advised of the requirements for occupying or continuing to occupy a HRP position. The HRP is a security and safety reliability program for individuals who apply for or occupy certain positions that are critical to the national security.
These collection instruments may be viewed at: OMB 1910-5122, Human Reliability Program - Description of Collections.
3-Year Renewal Request of OMB 1910-5112, Final Rule: Chronic Beryllium Disease Prevention Program - Expires 3/31/2025
- Instrument for Collection of Information: The Department of Energy (DOE) issued a final rule 10 CFR Part 850, Chronic Beryllium Disease Prevention Program, including provisions that impose collections of information. These regulations were promulgated under authority in the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, 42 U.S.C. § 2201, and the Department of Energy Organization Act, 42 U.S.C. §§ 7191 and 7254. DOE has a long history of beryllium use because of its broad application to many nuclear operations and processes. Inhalation of beryllium dust or particles can cause beryllium sensitization or chronic beryllium disease. Beryllium sensitization is a condition in which a person's immune system becomes highly allergic to the presence of beryllium in the body. Chronic beryllium disease is a chronic, often debilitating, and sometimes fatal lung disease.
3-Year Renewal Request of OMB 1910-1800, Security, Information Request Collection – Expires 6/30/2025
- Instruments for Collection of Information: These collections are used by the Department of Energy (DOE) to exercise management oversight and control over its contractors that provide goods and services for DOE organizations and activities in accordance with the terms of their contracts and the applicable statutory, regulatory, and mission support requirements of the Department. Information collected is for:
- Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence data from bidders on DOE contracts requiring personnel security clearances; and
- individuals in the process of applying for a security clearance/access authorization or who already holds one.
3-Year Renewal Request for OMB 1910-0300, Environment, Safety and Health Information Collection - Expires 3/31/2023
- Instruments for Collection of Information: These information collections are used by Departmental management to exercise management oversight and control over Management and Operating (M&O) contractors of DOE's Government-Owned Contractor-Operated (GOCO) facilities, and offsite contractors. The contractor management oversight and control function concerns the ways in which DOE contractors provide goods and services for DOE organizations and activities in accordance with the terms of their contract; the applicable statutory, regulatory and mission support requirements of the Department; and regulations in the functional area covered by this package. The information obtained from DOE contractors by this information collection is used by Department management at the appropriate levels to manage the work pertaining to environment, safety and health throughout DOE and will include automated reporting of information into the following systems located at: OMB 1910-0300, Environment, Safety and Health Information Collection - Description of Collections.