Search for and view Wind Energy Technologies Office fact sheets, reports and other publications using the following:
Or see these key publications:
- Assessing the Future of Distributed Wind: Opportunities for Behind-the-Meter Projects
- Distributed Wind Market Report: 2022 Edition
- Enabling Wind Power Nationwide
- Land-Based Wind Market Report: 2022 Edition
- National Offshore Wind Strategy: Facilitating the Development of the Offshore Wind Industry in the United States
- North American Renewable Integration Study
- Offshore Wind Market Report: 2022 Edition
- U.S. Wind Industry Federal Incentives, Funding, and Partnership Opportunities Fact Sheet
- White House Fact Sheet: Biden Administration Jumpstarts Offshore Wind Energy Projects to Create Jobs
- Wind Energy Technologies Office Accomplishments
- Wind Program Peer Reviews
- Wind R&D Newsletter
- Wind Vision Report
- WINDExchange Publications
WINDExchange is the U.S. Department of Energy's platform for disseminating credible information about wind energy and is also the home for the Wind for Schools project and Regional Resource Centers. You can also find wind-related resources including publications, webinars, and studies on the WINDExchange website.
Wind Energy Basics
These pages provide basic information about wind power, including how wind energy works and the history of wind energy.
Wind Career Map
Chart your path among the wind industry’s broad range of occupations and learn about experience and skills expectations, wage information, and educational requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Wind Energy
Frequently Asked Questions about Small Wind Systems
A list of frequently asked questions and answers related to using a small wind energy system to power your home.
- Wind Technology Resource Center: technical resources on the specific technologies or wind energy research topics through publications, data, analysis, and research and development labs and facilities
- U.S. Wind Turbine Database: a comprehensive dataset of U.S. wind turbine locations and characteristics that is updated quarterly
- Tethys: a website facilitating data sharing and the exchange of information on the environmental effects of offshore wind technology and development
- OpenEl: Wind Power: a wiki featuring topics crowd-sourced from industry and government agencies
- Wind Energy Data and Information Gateway: an integrated online system for the archival, discovery, access, integration, and delivery of data and information.
- Wind Energy Technologies Office Projects Map: Provides details about the Wind Energy Technologies Office's research and development portfolio.
- U.S. Wind Turbine Database Viewer: the viewer for the U.S. Wind Turbine Database, a comprehensive dataset of U.S. wind turbine locations and characteristics that is updated quarterly.
- WINDExchange Wind Energy Maps: Shows the existing wind capacity and the potential wind resources up to 140 meters above ground, including land-based and offshore maps.
Find other sources of information about wind energy, as well as current research and programs in this field.