The U.S. Department of Energy’s Water Power Technologies Office (WPTO) is hiring for the position of Supervisory Hydropower Program Manager. As a Supervisory Program Manager at the GS-15 level, this person will provide supervisory leadership, program management, and technical expertise for the development of hydropower technologies in WPTO. The person in this role will:
- Advise on hydropower program policy, investment landscape, and regulatory requirements of low-impact hydropower to promote environmental sustainability, support grid reliability, and integration of other energy resources, and energy-water systems.
- Supervise a staff of engineers, physical scientists, and other technical and administrative employees.
- Represent the program with senior administration, industry, and state and local officials; congressional staff; academia; and client energy consumer groups to justify, defend, or negotiate program efficacy and performance, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, obtain funding and other resources, and related matters.
- Make and oversee presentations on program and program group objectives, content, and progress to a variety of professional audiences, including industry, manufacturing representatives, federal agencies, trade associations, and professional society gatherings.
- Develop goals and objectives and advise management on policy directives relevant to programs.
View the USAJobs announcement for more information on the position and details on how to apply. The deadline to apply for this position is 11:59 p.m. ET on April 14, 2023.