You are here
Solar jobs have risen rapidly in the last decade. Training a prepared and skilled workforce that enables the solar industry to meet growing deployment demands is a high priority. The Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) addresses the critical need for high-quality, local, accessible training in solar energy system design, installation, sales, and inspection, as well as power systems engineering and related professions like real estate and finance through a variety of training programs.
Funding programs in this area include:
- Solar Training and Education for Professionals: Comprehensive training for solar and related professionals
- Solar Ready Vets: Training transitioning veterans to enter the solar workforce
- Solar Training Network: Connects people interested in solar careers with the training they need to enter the industry and the solar employers who need skilled workers
- Grid Engineers for Accelerated Renewable Energy Deployment: Training engineers to enter the utility sector with solar energy skills
- Solar Utility Networks Replicable Innovations in Solar Energy: Replicable solutions for electric coops and rural communities.
Those who participate in training can take advantage of the Solar Career Map, which allows users to explore 40 jobs across four industry sectors and identify more than 60 routes to advancement between them. Additional opportunities for progress and promotion can be found within any given occupation on the map, and multi-sector pathways reinforce the idea of lifelong learning and the natural evolution of skills and interests.