This webinar was held on July 15, 2021, and featured Energy Secretary Jennifer M. Granholm for the launch of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Solar Automated Permit Processing (SolarAPP+) tool. SolarAPP+ makes it easy for local governments to permit residential solar project applications by reviewing projects for building code compliance and instantly approving the project. Guests discussed how the tool accelerates clean energy deployment by speeding up the permit process and reducing barriers for solar energy, as well as how other cities, towns, and counties can adopt it.
Interested in adopting SolarAPP+ in your jurisdiction? NREL encourages you to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the tool and the adoption process. NREL will also walk through this process step-by-step at the upcoming SolarAPP+ webinar hosted by the National League of Cities on July 28, 2021, from 2-3 p.m. ET.
- Summer of Solar campaign
- Solar Automated Permit Processing (SolarAPP+) tool
- Jennifer M. Granholm, Secretary of Energy
- Regina Romero, Mayor of Tucson, Arizona
- Sam Liccardo, Mayor of San Jose, California
- Lynn Jurich, CEO of Sunrun
- Will Jawando, Councilmember of Montgomery County, Maryland
- John Alita, Deputy City Manager of Stockton, California
- Jeff Cook, NREL SolarAPP+ Project Lead
- Becca-Jones Albertus, Director of the Solar Energy Technologies Office
View the webinar livestream on YouTube below. Transcript is forthcoming – check back soon!
Automated Permitting with SolarAPP+
Cities Choose SolarAPP+
July 28, 2021, 2–3 p.m. ET: Streamline Solar Permitting Using the No-cost SolarAPP+ Online Tool
- Join the National League of Cities (NLC), National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), and the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office to learn how your community can make solar permitting instantaneous with the newly launched, no-cost SolarAPP+ tool. NREL will provide an overview of the tool, its success in reducing permitting workload, and clear instructions for how SolarAPP+ can be easily deployed using existing permitting software or as a compliment to that system.
You can also view the recording and slides from the April 29, 2021 SolarAPP+ informational webinar for a more in-depth look at the tool and tune into the following upcoming SolarAPP+ webinar for more information and perspectives.