This webinar was held on July 15, 2021, and featured Energy Secretary Jennifer M. Granholm for the launch of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Solar Automated Permit Processing (SolarAPP+) tool. SolarAPP+ makes it easy for local governments to permit residential solar project applications by reviewing projects for building code compliance and instantly approving the project. Guests discussed how the tool accelerates clean energy deployment by speeding up the permit process and reducing barriers for solar energy, as well as how other cities, towns, and counties can adopt it.
Interested in adopting SolarAPP+ in your jurisdiction? NREL encourages you to reach out to email@example.com to discuss the tool and the adoption process. NREL will also walk through this process step-by-step at the upcoming SolarAPP+ webinar hosted by the National League of Cities on July 28, 2021, from 2-3 p.m. ET.
- Summer of Solar campaign
- Solar Automated Permit Processing (SolarAPP+) tool
- Jennifer M. Granholm, Secretary of Energy
- Regina Romero, Mayor of Tucson, Arizona
- Sam Liccardo, Mayor of San Jose, California
- Lynn Jurich, CEO of Sunrun
- Will Jawando, Councilmember of Montgomery County, Maryland
- John Alita, Deputy City Manager of Stockton, California
- Jeff Cook, NREL SolarAPP+ Project Lead
- Becca-Jones Albertus, Director of the Solar Energy Technologies Office
Automated Permitting with SolarAPP+
Cities Choose SolarAPP+
You can also view the recording and slides from the April 29, 2021 SolarAPP+ informational webinar for a more in-depth look at the tool and tune into the following upcoming SolarAPP+ webinar for more information and perspectives.