The National Marine Energy Centers Program is designed to provide financial assistance for the establishment of new National Marine Energy Centers and the continuation and expansion of the research, development, demonstration, testing, and commercial application activities at the existing Centers.
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Institutions of Higher Education or consortia
Period of Availability:
Available until expended
- Advance research, development, demonstration, and commercial application of marine energy technologies in response to industry and commercial needs;
- Support in-water testing and demonstration of marine energy technologies, including facilities capable of testing—
- marine energy systems of various technology readiness levels and scales;
- a variety of technologies in multiple test berths at a single location;
- arrays of technology devices; and
- interconnectivity to an electrical grid, including microgrids; and
- Collect and disseminate information on best practices in all areas relating to developing and managing marine energy resources and energy systems.
Estimated application opening date is Q3 of 2023.
News from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law