The following resources provide details about U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)-funded hydrogen production activities, research plans and roadmaps, models and tools, and additional related links.
DOE-Funded Hydrogen Production Activities
- Each year, hydrogen and fuel cell projects funded by DOE's Hydrogen Program are reviewed for their merit during an Annual Merit Review and Peer Evaluation Meeting. View posters and presentations from the latest meeting.
- Results from the Annual Merit Review are published annually in the Annual Merit Review and Peer Evaluation Report.
- The Annual Progress Report summarizes the year's hydrogen and fuel cell research and development and analysis activities and accomplishments.
Research Plans and Roadmaps
- Hydrogen Production Technical Team Roadmap
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technologies Office Multi-Year Research, Development, and Demonstration Plan—Production Chapter
- Office of Nuclear Energy, Science and Technology Nuclear Hydrogen Research and Development Plan
Models and Tools
- The H2A Production Analysis tool was developed to provide a freely available, transparent, and consistent analysis tool to estimate the cost of hydrogen from different production pathways. Case studies are available for some general production pathways.
- DOE Hydrogen Program program records provide the source of key numbers and facts.