You are here
The Fuel Cell Technologies Office works with code development organizations, code officials, industry experts, and national laboratory scientists to draft new model codes and equipment standards that cover emerging hydrogen technologies for consideration by the various code enforcing jurisdictions.
DOE's codes and standards activities are focused on:
- Developing training programs for state and local officials that explain the technologies with case studies
- Providing technical experts to key working meetings
- Accelerating the identification of gaps in the standards development process and provide methods to close the gaps
- Monitoring and publishing status reports on codes and standards activities
- Providing support for key international standards meetings
- Supporting critical research and development activities needed for standards development
- Supporting the codes and standards adoption process.
The status of DOE's codes and standards projects is detailed in the safety, codes, and standards section of the Annual Progress Report.
Learn more about DOE's work with standards development organizations.