Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day, aptly celebrated on October 8 to represent the atomic weight of hydrogen (1.008), brings together industry, academia, national labs, government, and other stakeholders to increase awareness of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies. This year marks the third Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day; last year stakeholders issued dozens of industry announcements and press releases, hosted events like ride-and-drives, generated hundreds of social media posts, and reached hundreds of thousands of people around the world.
We encourage you to celebrate with us and offer some suggested activities:
- Social media posts about or photos of your project (include the hashtags #FuelCellsNow and #HydrogenNow)
- Media announcements and press releases about project milestones
- Outreach to stakeholders about how your project will affect them
- Announcements or briefings on project progress and impact
- Tours of facilities or other events.
Potential social media posts can include:
- October 8 is Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day! Show your support for fuel cells and hydrogen #FuelCellsNow #HydrogenNow
- Atomic weight of hydrogen is 1.008 – Join us and celebrate Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day today on 10.08! #FuelCellsNow #HydrogenNow
- [COMPANY NAME] is proud to support Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day #FuelCellsNow #HydrogenNow
Share the knowledge and download our Increase Your H2IQ 101 Training Resource for a general audience today!
This year, Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day falls on the Sunday before Columbus Day, so we have activities planned for the week leading up to and through the long weekend. Join us in commemorating this special day.