After determining your institutional change sustainability goals, the next step is to analyze the context within which these goals are to be achieved.
Start by assessing the organizational rules, roles, and tools that shape the current context and may influence success in achieving these goals. Assessing the linkages among rules, roles, and tools and how they interact will help in implementing solutions for success.
Learn more about:
- Rules: The formal and informal rules that affect workplace behavior
- Roles: The people within an organization who are important to achieving and maintaining sustainability goals
- Tools: Workplace technologies, systems, and processes used to meet particular needs.
After assessing the rules, roles, and tools that may affect the institutional change, you are ready to take the third step to develop an action plan.
- Step 1: Determine Goals
- Step 2: Assess Institutional Rules, Roles, and Tools
- Step 3: Develop an Action Plan
- Step 4: Implement an Action Plan
- Step 5: Measure and Evaluate