Smart Tools for Efficient HVAC Performance Campaign
What is the Smart Tools for Efficient HVAC Performance Campaign
The Smart Tools for Efficient HVAC Performance (STEP) Campaign is an initiative designed to encourage and support the use of smart diagnostic tools that allow residential HVAC technicians to quickly and easily install and commission new HVAC systems and identify and troubleshoot energy-wasting faults in existing systems. The STEP Campaign serves as a national platform for sharing information and recognizing successes of key stakeholders, including HVAC contractors and installers, utilities, energy-efficiency programs, trainers, and others.
Goals of the STEP Campaign
- Encourage and support use of smart diagnostic tools as a component of quality HVAC system installation or maintenance
- Provide resources and technical assistance on smart diagnostic tools
- Encourage use of other connected commissioning technology (i.e. embedded AFDD, third-party leave in AFDD, etc.)
- Recognize organizations for adoption or support of smart diagnostic tools
- Document and share best practices, challenges, and lessons learned
Benefits of Joining the STEP Campaign
- Access to resources, including guidance documents, case studies, utility incentive lists, and educational webinars.
- Learn how contractors are improving their business operations through adoption of smart diagnostic tools.
- Access technical assistance from experts at the U.S. Department of Energy and its network of national laboratories who can answer your questions related to smart diagnostic tools.
- Demonstrate your organization’s leadership and help build the body of knowledge around these tools.
- Get recognized for your organization’s support of smart diagnostic tools.