Since 2013, The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Housing Innovation Awards has recognized the very best in innovation on the path to zero energy ready homes. The Housing Innovation Awards recognize forward-thinking builders for delivering American homebuyers with the home of the future, today. Explore these award winning homes on the Tour of Zero.
The 2018 Housing Innovation Awards will be held at the EEBA High Performance Home Summit in San Diego, CA, October 16th-18th. DOE Zero Energy Ready Home (ZERH) Housing Innovation Award Winners are selected for each of five categories and one Grand Winner will be announced from each categories at the Housing Innovation Awards ceremony. The five award categories are:
- Custom Buyer: Custom home built for a specific buyer
- Custom Spec: Custom home builder on an individual rather than production scale to be sold on speculation rather than pre-ordered by a buyer
- Production: Homes intended to be reporduced using standard approaches and plans
- Multi-Family: A building with more than two units serving multiple homeowners/ rental groups
- Affordable: A home built to an affordable price point
For more information on how HIA winners are selected, read our Housing Innovation Awards Policy Fact Sheet.
Applications for the 2018 Housing Innovation Awards are live!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2017 HOUSING INNOVATION AWARD WINNERS!
WINNERS FOR INNOVATION IN AFFORDABLE HOMES
WINNERS FOR INNOVATION IN CUSTOM HOMES (FOR BUYER)
WINNERS FOR INNOVATION IN CUSTOM HOMES (SPEC)
WINNERS FOR INNOVATION IN MULTI-FAMILY HOMES
WINNERS FOR INNOVATION IN PRODUCTION HOMES
MOST HOMES IN A YEAR