Since 2013, The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Housing Innovation Awards (HIA) has recognized the very best in innovation on the path to zero energy ready homes. The Housing Innovation Awards recognize forward-thinking builders for delivering American homebuyers with the home of the future, today. Explore these award winning homes on the Tour of Zero.
The 2017 Housing Innovation Awards ceremony were held at the EEBA High Performance Home Summit in Atlanta, GA. The winners and grand winners are listed below, as well as the location of the award winning home. The 2017 HIAs featured five award categories:
- Custom Buyer: Custom home built for a specific buyer
- Custom Spec: Custom home builder on an individual rather than production scale to be sold on speculation rather than pre-ordered by a buyer
- Production: Homes intended to be reproduced using standard approaches and plans
- Multifamily: A building with two or more units serving multiple homeowners/rental groups
- Affordable: A home built to an affordable price point
For more information on how HIA winners are selected, read our Housing Innovation Awards Policy Fact Sheet.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2017 HOUSING INNOVATION AWARD WINNERS!
WINNERS FOR INNOVATION IN AFFORDABLE HOMES
WINNERS FOR INNOVATION IN CUSTOM HOMES (FOR BUYER)
WINNERS FOR INNOVATION IN CUSTOM HOMES (SPEC)
WINNERS FOR INNOVATION IN MULTI-FAMILY HOMES
WINNERS FOR INNOVATION IN PRODUCTION HOMES
MOST HOMES IN A YEAR