Since 2013, The DOE Housing Innovation Awards have honored the very best in innovation on the path to zero energy ready homes by recognizing forward-thinking builders delivering American homebuyers with the a better homeowner experience. Explore these award winning homes on the Tour of Zero.
The 2020 Housing Innovation Awards are scheduled to be held at the EEBA High Performance Home Summit in Denver, CO, September 29th-October 1st.
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Summit and HIA ceremony may be held virtually shoud the need arise. More information on the details of the event to come.
DOE Zero Energy Ready Home (ZERH) Housing Innovation Award Winners are selected for each of five categories and one Grand Winner will be announced from each categories at the Housing Innovation Awards ceremony. The five award categories are:
- Custom Buyer: Custom home built for a specific buyer.
- Custom Spec: Custom home builder on an individual rather than production scale to be sold on speculation rather than pre-ordered by a buyer.
- Production: Homes intended to be reproduced using standard approaches and plans.
- Multi-family: A building with more than two units serving multiple homeowners/ rental groups.
- Affordable: A home built to an affordable price point
For more information on how HIA winners are selected, read our Housing Innovation Awards Policy Fact Sheet.
Applications for the 2020 Housing Innovation Awards are now open! Be sure to visit the 2020 Housing Innovation Awards page for more details on how to apply, an informational webinar on application best practices, and to get started on your applications!