Building America Webinar: High Performance Building Enclosures: Part I, Existing Homes
You are here
The webinar, presented on May 21, 2014, focused on specific Building America projects that have implemented technical solutions to retrofit building enclosures to reduce energy use and improve durability. Presenters answered tough questions such as:
- How can builders deal with increasing exterior foundation insulation without an excavator?
- What strategies can be used to improve energy performance of building envelopes while dealing with issues like ice damming during exterior "overcoat" insulation retrofits?
- How can deep energy retrofits be conducted with spray foam strategies; what works and what doesn't?
View the presentations:
- Introduction and Building America Overview - Mike Gestwick, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Excavationless Exterior Foundation Insulation Field Study - Tom Schirber, NorthernSTAR Building America Partnership
- Project Overcoat, A Robust Energy Upgrade for 1 1/2-story Homes - Steve Schirber, NorthernSTAR Building America Partnership
- Deep Energy Retrofits - Anastasia Herk, IBACOS