The Interior Lighting Campaign (ILC) is accepting applications for its 2018 recognition cycle, which covers projects completed between January 2013 and April 2018. Commercial building owners that have achieved significant energy savings in their troffer, linear suspended, high bay, and/or low bay lighting and controls projects are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for recognition applications is April 23, 2018.
Lighting accounts for approximately 20% of commercial building energy use. The replacement of inefficient, outdated lighting equipment is one of the simplest and most cost-effective pathways to achieve cost savings. Current ILC participants are expected to save more than $28 million annually based on their collective planned or completed upgrades to high-efficiency luminaire systems. One easy way to achieve savings is to use the High-Efficiency Troffer Lighting Specification provided through the ILC. This and other tools and guidance can be found here.
- Highest Annual Energy Savings for Lighting Retrofit
- Highest Percentage of Annual Energy Savings for Lighting Retrofits
- Highest Annual Energy Savings for Lighting New Construction
- Highest Percentage of Annual Energy Savings for Lighting New Construction
- Special Recognition Categories:
- Best Use of Lighting Controls in a Single Building
- Largest Number of Facility Projects
- Largest Portfoliowide Annual Energy Savings
Participants will also have the opportunity for sector-specific recognition for exemplary performance in the following: commercial real estate and hospitality, healthcare, higher education, retail, food service, or grocery, federal government, and state and municipal government.
To learn more about how to join the ILC, or to see a list of and previous awardees, please visit the Interior Lighting Campaign’s website.