Advanced RTU Campaign 2018 Award Categories
1. Highest number of high-efficiency RTU installations and advanced RTU control retrofits.
2. Highest number of automated fault detection and diagnostic (AFDD) installations on RTUs.
3. Most innovative intelligent control installations for RTUs.
4. Largest RTU efficiency gain from an integrated retrofit project from a new partner.
1. Highest number of high-efficiency RTU installations and advanced RTU control retrofits through an efficiency program.
2. Highest number of high-efficiency RTU installations and advanced RTU control retrofits by a contractor/service provider.
3. Highest number of automated fault detection and diagnostic (AFDD) installations on RTUs.
The focus of the Advanced Rooftop Unit (RTU) Campaign since its inception in 2013 has been encouraging high-efficiency RTU improvements in commercial buildings across the country through the replacement of old RTUs with high-efficiency units, and the retrofit of existing RTUs with advanced controls. We have seen tremendous success through 2016, working with more than 300 organizations to impact 77,000 RTUs for an energy savings total of 17.8 trillion Btu – the equivalent of $166 million in cost savings! Leaders in the commercial sector, such as last year’s award winners H&M, Life Time Fitness, Target, Ulta Beauty, Giant Tiger, and Fontana Unified School District, have been major players in driving these high-efficiency statistics.
The 2018 Advanced RTU Campaign Awards will reflect the campaign’s new focus by including categories for intelligent controls and automated fault detection and diagnostics (AFDD). Participants (e.g. building owners and operators) and Supporters (e.g. utilities, contractors, and manufacturers) will have the opportunity to be recognized for their leadership and high-efficiency efforts in the industry. The application and official categories have been posted and award winners will be announced at the 2018 Professional Retail Store Maintenance (PRSM) National Conference April 9-11 in Nashville, Tennessee.
If you haven’t yet gotten involved in the Advanced RTU Campaign, it’s not too late! Your organization can join anytime. If you have been working on high-efficiency RTU operations with intelligent controls and AFDD, we want to hear about it -- email info@advancedRTU.org to share your stories with us.
Department of Energy Better Buildings Alliance technology campaigns, like the Advanced RTU Campaign, involve public and private sector organizations across the country working together to share and replicate positive gains in energy efficiency and catalyze change and investment in energy efficiency.
Read more about partner results, and the innovative RTU efficiency solutions being shared with others in the Better Buildings Solution Center.