In the fall of 2020, the U.S. Department of Energy will launch the Advanced Building Construction Collaborative to help the United States remain globally competitive in high-performance prefabricated and modular approaches for building retrofits and new construction. This first-of-a-kind collaborative will bring together builders, architects and engineers, manufacturers, building owners and developers, trade associations and workforce training programs, government, research institutions, financiers and insurers, and utilities to align these key stakeholders and accelerate the development, demonstration, standardization, and deployment of innovative high-performance construction technologies. The ABC Collaborative will help to facilitate connections between ABC research teams and other stakeholders in order to help transfer ABC technologies to market.
DOE is looking for organizations with expertise in prefabricated, modular, and other off-site construction techniques to participate in the ABC Collaborative. Joining the ABC Collaborative will give organizations the following benefits:
- An understanding of ABC-related research and other relevant efforts at the U.S. Department of Energy and other federal and state agencies
- Networking with other key building sector stakeholders, including owners, developers, construction companies, financiers, utilities, and researchers from national laboratories and other leading organizations
- Opportunities to provide input on R&D programs in the ABC field
- Insight into new market opportunities, including pre-fabricated retrofits
- Opportunities to apply state-of-the-art technologies and approaches to building construction and renovation
To learn more about the Advanced Building Construction Collaborative, please email email@example.com.