2013 Project Peer Review
In the spring and summer of 2013, the Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) implemented a comprehensive external review of its research, development, and demonstration portfolio. The BETO Project Peer Review was held May 20–24, 2013, at the Hilton Mark Center in Alexandria, Virginia, and was followed by the higher-level Program Management Review on July 30, 2013, at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Washington, D.C.
The reviews were conducted in accordance with the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) peer review guidelines and were designed to provide an external assessment of the projects in BETO's portfolio and collect external stakeholder recommendations on the overall scope, focus, and strategic direction of the Office. Results from the peer review process are used to inform programmatic decision making; to enhance active project management; and to modify, expand, or discontinue existing projects.
Full results of the BETO Project Peer Review and Program Management Review are available in the Final Peer Review Report. For questions, please contact Feridun Albayrak at email@example.com and Reanna Trudell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presentations for the 2013 Project Peer Review can be found under the applicable technology areas below
- Analysis and Sustainability
- Biochemical Conversion
- Feedstock Supply and Logistics
- Heat-Power and Biodiesel
- Integrated Biorefineries
Program Management Review
Presentations from the Program Management Review are provided below:
- Welcome and Introduction to BETO; Valerie Reed, Acting Director
- BETO Strategic Planning—EERE Goals and MYPP Development; Alison Goss Eng, Analysis & Sustainability Program Manager, Operations Lead
- BETO Project Management—AOPs and FOA Development; Kevin Craig, Conversion Program Manager
- BETO Partnerships—Inter/Intra-Agency Collaboration; Alicia Lindauer, Technology Manager and Biomass R&D Board Liaison
- BETO Future Plans—Upcoming FOAs and New Initiatives; Valerie Reed, Acting Director