The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) relies on subject matter experts to review applications for federal funding opportunities and active projects. BETO is looking for skill sets including, but not limited to:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Chemical engineering
- Process engineering
- Process scale-up
- Chemical production
- Petrochemical refining
- Thermochemical and biochemical conversion
- Solids handling
- Energy infrastructure
- Techno-economic analysis
- Agricultural sciences
- Waste management
- Material science
- Environmental and natural resource science
- Social science
BETO strives to grow our reviewer database of subject matter experts to review the merit of funding application proposals and ongoing projects. You could be exactly who we are looking for!
Reviewers typically spend between 40 and 60 hours per review cycle reviewing 6 to 12 applications and participating in live (virtual) merit reviews. Reviewers are compensated by BETO for their time and expert feedback. While the timeline for review is rigid, the day-to-day schedule is not, and reviewers are able to complete their reviews at times that fit with their schedule.
To apply to be a BETO reviewer, send your updated resume or CV to email@example.com and follow these steps:
- Go to the EERE Funding Opportunity Exchange website
- Under "Registration," select the "Reviewer" button.
- Under "Reviewers Registration," complete all four sections:
- General Information--Provide your contact information, resume, and answer a few questions about your background.
- Account Information - Create your account username and password.
- Areas of Expertise - Select your primary and functional areas of expertise.
- Education and Experience - Add your education, organizational affiliations, awards, and publications.
- Check the box to certify that the information provided is accurate and complete.
- Select the "Complete Reviewer Registration" button.
To see past funding opportunities that have been evaluated by BETO reviewers, visit the EERE Funding Opportunity Announcements page, and filter by program by selecting "Bioenergy Technologies Office" from the drop-down "Program" menu. Examples of reviewer feedback provided during BETO's 2019 Peer Review are also available.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.